Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cherubs, strings and lace



I have bought cherubs (organdie, tulle…) here and there to start a new collection which aim is to cover a limewashed wall of a child bedroom.

The pleasure of creating a new composition from old bamboo mirrors (former frames):
I put linen at the back of the frame and arrange little angels all around.
I hang glass pendant stones with some string,
An old ribbon which openwork reminds us of the shape of the pendant stones.



Cotton and linen strings are presented in a reel or not, their choice is important.
A cherub whose wings are adorned with buttons is quietly waiting in its “case”.
But the bamboo-style wooden frames are rare now so I use them as a pretext to bargain-hunt more and more...



In front of a scalloped lace curtain (IKEA), here is the beginnings of my collection.
Each time I buy an angel, I have a thought for my friend Saint-Ange.

Translated by Isabelle

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top