Friday, October 26, 2007

The spelling book



Some brass ornaments, I bargain-hunted this morning, are in an old box of cigars.


The “Salon de la Mode, 1895” (1895 Fashion Show) old plate, with the patterns of a spelling book drawn on it, is used as a mat.


The spelling book is a wink at friends and embroiderers who visit my blog.
I place a dried outdated red rose to replace the red thread which is the symbol of life.



A brass rose window is hung by a thin linen cord around an old bottle.


Translated by Isabelle

5 commentaires:

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful, thank you for sharing! A piece of our hearts are in Provence too but we live in Australia :) Jenn and Jacqui

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh my! The letters are so gorgeous to me!!! I love typefaces and this one is amazing. Your photographs are beautiful and inspiring to me. Thank you for adding a english language link!!!! I just love it my dear ~ xxoo, Dawn

Mary said...

Oh, how lovely! I, too, think the letters are just gorgeous, and the brasses are very beautiful.
xoxo,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!!!!

Catherine said...

Oh how beautiful!! I can't get over all of your beautiful thing's...such treasure's, and I love all the beautiful vignettes
you make with your treasures!..you have quite an eye for beauty and detail..thank you so much for sharing it!!
Cat

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top