Sunday, August 8, 2010

Antique Childhood Finds

Lithograph A child and a cat A childhood wire salad basket

In the summer, the flea markets enliven the small villages of Provence and to my delight, many treasures come out of attics!
During my summer trips, I unearthed here and there some antique toys for little girls.

A old Mini molds, an old clock face and a small glass bottle

Winter antique finds, a touching lithograph that now leans behind this old "JEP" toy stove, decorated with mini molds, an aluminum pan, an old clock face and a small glass bottle.
A small wire salad basket now holds some aluminum molds.
On a doll's wooden sleeve board, an iron found its place alongside a tiny brush and indispensible Savon de Marseille (household soap).

Lithograph A child and a cat, and old A doll's wooden sleeve board with an iron found and a tiny brush

And next week, the great "Antique Fair and Brocante" in Barjac... Note this on your calendars !

Original article "Chine enfantine" translated by Annie of The Bunny Bungalow

7 commentaires:

Loppe said...

Oh, what joy it is to find things like these..

I really like your blog, since it gives me joy of combining English & French.. I used to to live in England for a few years, and for ten years I went to France every September and stayed for a month.. ( La Haute Savoire or St.Tropez)

These days I live in Denmark and my vacations are spend in Sweden or Good Old England...

France I only have in my heart and in my memories....

Martha said...

What great finds and I love the way you display the minatures! Love all of your little treasures!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

It is always so charming to see children's playthings from long ago.
I adore your little stove and tiny iron...Lovely photos and arrangements!
Take care, Laura

maría cecilia said...

so, soooo lovely antique toys!!!!
Happy children´s day, Laeriss, to your inner child!!!.... we are celebrating child´s day here in chile.
cariños
maria cecilia

menchu said...

Some lovely memories...the sleeping child is my favourite...thank you!

*Ulrike* said...

What wonderful things you have found! I can never find such wonders here, but then again I live in the south in somewhat the country so there is not a lot of choices offered. Just once I would like to go to a flea market like yours...I'd be sooo happy!
Have a wonderful day!
Ulrike

Luuuuuua said...

f interesant blog,felicitarii

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top