Saturday, July 5, 2008

A «gourmand» shirt



Too long abandoned at the far end of the wardrobe, this old shirt hangs on the branches of a mulberry in the garden to appreciate the softness of a gentle breeze. Time worn, I, lace it with a twill «gourmand» ribbon of red cherries to highlight the shirt’s red embroidery.



I tenderly embrace my wonderful grandmother who presented to me these hydrangeas with their jagged edges and pristine color. It is from her that I received my love of gardening, love of flowers and I thank her for this beautiful inheritance.



Original article "Une chemise gourmande" translated by Annie of The Bunny Bungalow

1 comment:

Ewa said...

This is the best way to learn gardening - from the close ones. I also got it from grandma on the first stage - when I was a kid. On the second stage - as adult one - I asked a lot my mom :)

Hedrangea and shirt look very romantic together :)
Greetings

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top