Saturday, October 18, 2008

Old ribbon-trimmed frame


I had for a long time had on my list of objects to find, an old frame trimmed with a ribbon.
So, it was to my joy that I discovered this oval frame trimmed with golden ribbon and these brass plated tie-backs.



My first idea was to restore them (because on of them was slightly damaged) and to dress them with a patina.
Perhaps a mirror would then be placed in this frame.

Then time passed and without losing sight of their true function, I imagine another purpose to them that I will show you soon...


Original article "De vieux cadres enrubannés" translated by Annie of The Bunny Bungalow

3 commentaires:

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Your blog is fantastic. I have just discovered it and added it to my blog roll immediately. It is inspiring and so creative. Margie.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.
love Alison x

Unknown said...

Hi, Laeriss, I´m live at São Paulo - Brazil and I would like to tell you that your blog is beautiful, wounderful and the things that you do is so pretty and warm, a real home sweet home. I would like to know if I link to you in my blog www.mulherpreciosa.blogspot.com (mulher preciosa means precious woman). And if I put some pictures in my blog with credits of course. Thanks

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top