Friday, July 31, 2009

Happiness is in a Kitchen Garden

Bar of the lounge of La Chassagnette designed by Anne Igou Detail of the wall with dead leaves

To find this address in the district of Arles, it is necessary to be guided by a road bordered by rice fields and arrive around noon to breathe in the fragrance of a damp garden under the rays of the Camargue sun.

The message of La Chassagnette The dining room of La Chassagnette

"La Chassagnette" is an organic restaurant that is unique even in its class.
At lunch time, everything seems to stand still ...
Seated under the arbor, you realize that happiness is in a kitchen garden !
Armand Arnal, a young star chef, makes you rediscover the real flavors of seasonal fruits and vegetables freshly picked from his "extraordinary garden"... from his organic garden.


Outdoors : large terrace Apples of the organic vegetable garden of La Chassagnette

This is a magic moment of happiness, simplicity, sharing and passion...
It is a place you leave reluctantly and to which you wish to return as soon as possible for another delicious moment.

Laeriss in the organic vegetable garden of La Chassagnette Detail of the organic vegetable garden of La Chassagnette

Details of my attire for the day :
Dress "Barbara Lang" ("Les armoires vides" in Uzès), scarf "Lilith" ("Cannelle" in Nîmes), vintage pantaloons and shoes "Trippen" ("Cannelle" in Nîmes).

Original article "Le bonheur est dans le potager" translated by Annie of The Bunny Bungalow

21 commentaires:

Stephanie said...

I would love to have a table under an arbor like that. It looks like a lovely place.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour!

How I would love to dine with you in the gardens for a memorable feast! The setting is exquisite!

What was on the menu?

Hope you stop by and see images of a little adventure at Chateau Dumas in Auty.

You have a lovely, lovely blog.

Best,
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Annette said...

What a beautiful place, it looks as if time is standing still there.

Thanks for sharing.

Celestina in California said...

This restaurant spells freshness, serenity and total relaxation. Food for the body and soul.What a lovely post as ever.

In my house said...

Åååå vilka ljuvliga bilder,,, köket = mumma för ögat!

ha de gott

kram josse

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

What a stunning post!! I just love your blog,so full of inspiration,thanks Chrissy

De Ruijsbroekjes said...

I can almost smell is, so lovely

Anonymous said...

I love your blog and must tell you that I'm living in 'Swedens Provence', called ÖSterlen in the south part of Sweden!!

Garden Cats + Crafts said...

Dear Laeriss,
thank you for visiting my blog. I`m very proud, that you take my blog in your linklist. Your blog is absolutly beautiful. I love your pictures from decoration and more.
xoxox Birgit

Monique said...

Wow...

Only by reading your post, looking at your wonderful pictures makes me longing to be there. If only your site could give us the wonderful senses and the warm feeling of your storie in our hearts...

I realy can imagine you must be lóving that place ;o)

Have a nice summer!

Madelief said...

Hi Laeriss,

Thank you for linking me on your blog as well. I enjoy looking at your beautiful pictures of the Provence very much!! I like the clothes you wear! I wish I could buy them in Holland.

Kind regards,

Madelief

Di Overton said...

It's a long time since I visited the Camargue but I shall never forget it's beauty.

Anna said...

beautiful post..
very nice pictures and your dress is marvellous again as allways!
Gr. Anna

Unknown said...

new to your lovely blog~ it is fantastic!
Karen

jalo said...

che meraviglia questi post......hai un blog incantevole....very beautiful...jalo

Anne Marie said...

being that it is very difficult to find barbara lang here, you are so very lucky there!

beautiful post as always, but this is post hit my heart deeply -
it's something I dream of having here at the farm - I am going to call it: Na-Da Farm Brasserie
-all organic but unfortunately not as mignificantly placed as your delicious looking restaurant.

have a great weekend.

jalo said...

ciao cara continui a stupirmi con le tue foto incantevoli...complimenti...tua affezionata Jalo

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Beautiful post. Such a tranquil setting.. hugs ~lynne~

*Ulrike* said...

What a fantastic place! Here is a world of fast food or the minute they get you in they want you back out! It would be so nice to be able to linger and enjoy!

boracay house for sale said...

It is indeed a wonderful place. I would love to dine in that unique restaurant too.

Philippe Rissetto said...

Thank you to all of you for your comments ;-)

@ academic : You will can to read more soon about "La Chassagnette" on my magazine e-magDECO !

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top