Monday, March 9, 2009

The shell stoup

Antique stoup in glazed earthenware
A little visit with companions and the discovery, in a window, of an antique stoup in the shape of a stylized shell. Done in glazed earthenware, it is decorated with a fabric flower held by a ribbon.
Liven it up with some flowers and place nearby an antique broach in the shape of a rose with a missing heart, which now receives a candle.

Let’s say that perhaps a collection is about to be born !

Flowery reel of thread Stoup in the shape of a stylized shell with a cross Small bunch in a antique stoup

Original article "Le bénitier coquille" translated by Annie of The Bunny Bungalow

On a similar theme : Bring to light / Angel dreams

11 commentaires:

heavenandearth said...

Oohh Laeriss!!

I just love that shellshaped stoup!!
and, of course, your lovely arrangement!

Bon week-end!
Hug
Iréne

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the vintage touch as well..
hugs ~lynne~

Miss Kris said...

Oooo Laeriss~ Their is such BEAUTY in your images!

{oc cottage} said...

How pretty!

M ^..^

Marianne said...

Merci, pour votre visit a mon blog. J'adore votre blog et les belles photos. C'est un vraiment inspiration. And this is all the French I know. Greetings!

Celestina in California said...

Yes, I have been inspired tremendously when I landed on your blog. I love every page of it- your style for decorating and your photography are awesome. Thanks too for having an English version. Consider me a big fan of yours. I will definitely visit often. May I post a picture with your blog name on my side bar for "French Inspirations"?

vicki archer said...

How beautiful this shell is and the arrangement within - so delicate that it would be beautiful anywhere, xv.

Adam Hill said...

really beautiful, I love the cotton reel with the wax flower, the colours are gorgeous

Jojo said...

I don't exactly recognize the object you feature as a stoop but it is lovely. The stoop I know is to either bend from the waist or it is a small porch. What is this object used for?

Ingunn said...

I love your photos! Thanks so much!

Hug from Ingunn :)

Sierra said...

How beautiful! I love shells and I especially love how you used them for decor in these pics. I featured a picture from your mannequin on my blog and cited your blog site. I hope you don't mind and thanks for the inspiration!

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top