Monday, December 10, 2007

The Snow Queen



I discovered illustrations by Adrienne Ségur on a flea-market at Castries (Hérault, France).
I was really taken with this drawing from an old fairy tale book.



I could get two engravings from "The Snow Queen and Other Tales" that were put under glass.
The saleswoman kindly got them out of their frame and sold them to me for one euro each.
I was in seventh heaven ! A real fairy tale !


If you appreciate, as I do, the talented work of this illustrator, you can visit the following sites :
"A Tribute to Adrienne Ségur" by Terri Windling
Adrienne Ségur illustrations


To illustrate this enchanting theme, I put an old silver-plated tray - bargain-hunted in my village last summer - on a carpet of snow.
This tray was predestined to my collection of mercury candelabras.


Ah... the mood is festive !


Translated by Isabelle

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Very beautiful!! I bought my son the "Snow Queen by Hans Christian Anderson when he was little at a book fair, it's a beautiful book ~beautifully illustrated!! I can't wait to check out your links..thank's for sharing!
Cat

 

Copyright

All the photos and texts appearing on this blog are the property of Un Cœur en Provence. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 Un Cœur en Provence
top